Giving to the Program
The Center provides a diverse range of opportunities and programs for its students, the University of Kansas, and the greater community. Your gift can enhance the activities and programs of the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
When you donate to the Center, you help provide support for faculty and student research and travel; promote knowledge of Latin America through conferences, seminars, performances, weekly brownbag merienda lectures, film festivals, special exhibits, and cultural celebrations; and strengthen our outreach activities, such as teacher workshops, which enable Kansas educators to incorporate Latin American languages and cultures into their classroom curriculum.
Donations of any size make a difference. Even small amounts, given on a regular basis, can generate significant resources over time. You may choose to establish an endowed memorial fund to honor a professor or staff member, or to provide support for a specific aspect of the Center, including:
- Faculty teaching or research support
- Awards or scholarships to recognize outstanding undergraduate or graduate students
- Travel grants for faculty or students to attend professional conferences or to do research abroad
- Guest speakers, an annual lecture, or special events
- Acquisition of library and media materials about Latin America
Thank you in advance for your support of the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies as we strive to strengthen our graduate and undergraduate programs and continue our commitment to serve our extended community.
Santa Arias, Director
You may give online by using the buttons below. Online giving is secure, speedy and simple. Click the area you would like to support and you will be redirected to the website of KU Endowment, the non-profit fundraising organization that supports KU.
For information on other ways to give, please visit the KU Endowment web site. Or for information on other opportunities to assist the Center, please contact the LAS Office at (785) 864-4213 or email Santa Arias: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latin American & Caribbean Studies Contingency Fund
- Donations help fund undergraduate or graduate study abroad scholarships, research or conference travel for students and faculty, public programs such as conferences, lectures, exhibits and performances, and the Kansas Latin Americanist newsletter.
- Initially endowed by Professor Emeritus Charles Stansifer, this fund awards support to graduate students planning to complete a doctorate in the study of Middle America (defined as Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean ). Fellowships are granted on a competitive basis.
In honor of Anita Herzfeld's retirement
- Endowed in honor of Professor Emerita Anita Herzfeld, the fund provides study abroad opportunities in Latin America for deserving undergraduate students.