- News & Events
- For Educators
Join us for a uniqe educational experience!
Each year, at least one in-service teacher workshop is held to provide training on Latin American topics to Kansas K-12 educators. An interdisciplinary panel of faculty and community members are invited to present at the workshops and faciliate discussions. See below for information on upcoming events and a sampling of workshops previously offered.
Global Environmental Concerns
Saturday, April 6th, 2013
9:30 am – 3:00 pm
Spooner Hall - 1340 Jayhawk Blvd.
For more information or to register, please contact Danika Swanson, Outreach Coordinator with the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies at email@example.com or 785.864.3899.
- Educator Workshop on the Caribbean,
Saturday, January 26th, 2013. 9:00am - 1:00pm
Caribbean Educator Workshop Resources
- Reinvisioning Spanish Language Education: A Critical Pedagogical Approach, Professor Jennifer Leeman of George Mason University
Saturday, October 20, 2012, Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union
- The KU Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies and The Lied Center Presents: ¡Sofrito!
Saturday, November 10th, 2012, The Lied Center, Lawrence, KS
- Dia de los Muertos Educator Workshop presented by the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies, The Spencer Museum of Art, and the Watkins Community History Museum
Saturday, September 22, 2012 at The Watkins Community Museum of History
- Health in Latin America Symposium hosted by the University of Kansas Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies
September 7th, 2012, The Big 12 Room of the Kansas Union at KU, Lawrence, KS
- Peru and the Amazon, presented by the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies & the Spencer Museum of Art
Friday, June 22nd, 2012, (Held in conjunction with the 39 Trails Exhibit at The Spencer Museum of Art)
- Global World Heritage Sites with Special Lecturer on Chichen Itzá by: Dr. John Hoopes, Anthropology, KU
Saturday, February 25th, 2012, The Lied Center for Kansas Pavillion
- Teacher Reach-Out:
Incorporating the African Diaspora in Latin America
into your classroom and networking session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday, January 28th, 2012. Click here to download your African Diaspora Workshop Materials!
- Teacher Reach-Out: How to bring Paraguay into your classroom and networking session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday, October 15th, 2011. Click here to download your Paraguay Workshop Materials!
- Teacher Reach-Out: Cinco de Mayo Workshop and Networking Session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday April 30, 2010 Download Workshop Resources
- La Virgen de Guadalupe: Cultural and Educational Significance, :
For K-12 Educators
December 4th, 2010
- No me olvides ("Don't Forget Me") :
Including the Latino Experience in Kansas Education.
October 3, 2009
- Latin American Music and Images to Strengthen Classroom Instruction
April 26, 2008
- Latin American Fiestas: A Workshop for Teachers
October 27, 2007
- Culture and Education in Guatemala: A Workshop for Teachers
April 28, 2007
- Latin America and Africa: Taking on New Directions
August 12, 2006
- Learning and Teaching about Guatemala
April 30, 2005
- The Day of the Dead Teacher Workshop
November 6, 2004
- The Southern End of the Americas: Argentina, A Teachers Workshop
May 8, 2004
- Feriados, Celebraciones y Fiestas: A Workshop on Latin American Folk & Popular Holidays
April 30, 2003